Week #10: Vanilla Sky

This weekend spring we could get a taste of spring. Finally! So eating breakfast out and chasing some sunshine seemed like a perfect idea. The road (or a stomach, who knows) led me to one of my favourite neighbourhoods: Balat. I haven't visited Fener and Balat for a few months, so every time I come I see some changes: new coffee shops, renovated buildings and, compared to a few years ago, more and more people.



In the past, I have had a breakfast at one of my favourite and very instagramable places in Balat, however this time I wanted to try something new. A friend of mine recommended me a small but tasty place called Vanilla Balat. The blue colour of their tables held a mirror t a blue sky. Breakfast was yummy and not too pricey (40 tl for 2 people) however, it doesn't include eggs. We took an extra menemen (16 tl). Besides the usual, you get a small salad and a small plate of fruits. Instead of white bread, they offer simit (Balat is, after all, famous for it), dill poğaça and ciabatta.

Adress:  Balat Mahallesi, Vadina cad. 6/A, 34087 Fatih/İstanbul

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,